Monday, January 24, 2011

MY CREED

MY CREED
I do not choose to be a common man.
It is my right to be uncommon, if I can.
I seek opportunity not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and
dulled by having the state to look after me.
I want take calculated risks;
To dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.
I refuse barter incentives for dole.
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed
Existence; the thrill of fulfilment to the stale calm
of Utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence, nor my
dignity for a handout.
I will never cower before any master nor bend to any
threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid;
To think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my
creations
To face the world boldly and say “This I have done”.
All this is what it takes to be an upright and successful
Homosapiens.

No comments: