Saturday, September 8, 2012

GET OVER YOURSELF

Luke 15:1-7, 11-32. In continuation of the story of the prodigal son and his older brother....."So he answered and said to His father, lo, these many years I have been serving you, I never transgressed your commandments at anytime, and yet you never gave me a young goat that I might make merry with my friends"- vs.29.

The fact that you are serving God, without sin, and being able to overcome temptation is by the grace of God that is upon you. In the above bible text, count how many "I" that the older brother used when he was talking to his father. He believed "I" did everything. He refused to acknowledge the fact that he might have ended up like his younger brother if not for the grace of God. "Therefore, let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall"- 1Cor. 10:12.

That you are staying in the house of the father, strong, obeying and serving is not accomplished by you. The grace in the Fathers house kept you- Heb 12:28. Also, while you are serving in the Father's house, lack ye anything? Its all due to the grace of the Father. Be very careful, if you acknowledge God in all your life, all will be yours, but if you fail to, all can be taken away from you. "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths"- Prov.3:6.

Friend, outside of God and His grace, you and I are nothing! "Know that the Lord, He is God. It is He who has made us and not we ourselves..."- Prov. 100:3. "But by the grace of God I am what I am"-1Cor. 15:10a.

Now, the question is; how do I deal with "I"? Beloved, an exchange must take place. "I" will have to give up what "I" have to take what He has for my life. "I" have to take what He has for my life. "I" must be crucified, then "I" no longer live. Gal 2:20-21.

Pray with me; "I" must die in Jesus name!

Shalom!

No comments: