Thursday, August 23, 2012

THE JOURNEY WILL SPEAK GREATNESS

Gen.12:2-3..."I will make you a GREAT NATION, I will bless you, and make your NAME great, and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and curse him who curses you; and in you all the FAMILIES of the earth shall be blessed". I have often said that when God demands a river from you, He only wants to give you an ocean. The plan of God is to make you a great nation, why hold on to the small island in your hand?

In the above Bible passage, you can see the benefit of Abram's obeying the call of God eventually. You are a spiritual child of Abraham and God had promised that through him all the families of the earth shall be blessed. If you look very well with your spiritual eyes, you will realise that where God is taking you to is a great place compare to where you are.

In Gen. 12:1..."Get out of your country". In vs 2, the result of obeying that instruction is that; "I will make you a great nation". Where you are, you are insignificant, you are just a part of a crowd but God is saying; I want to birth a new nation through you. Also, in vs 1, God says; "get out from your family and from your father's house", and in vs 3, God promises him; "and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed. It is even a disservice to your family not to answer the call of God. Also, God said, "I will make your name great" and 'Abram' became 'Abraham' and till today that name is synonymous with blessing and its known all over the. World. Why settle for less when God wants to make you a blessing to numerous families world wide?

Friend, destinies of numerous people are tied to yours, if you fail they will also fail. You can't afford to hold on to the small place you are. God is asking you to trust Him absolutely. Those that put their trust in Him will never fail.

Pray today; Father, I trust you to give me double for my trouble!

Shalom!

No comments: